Polar Routes Travel Specialist
As a Polar Routes Travel Specialist, you are the face of the company. The role is a varied one, but involves looking after our client’s right from their initial enquiry, up until they return from their holiday. You will be the single point of contact for each of your client’s travel needs. It is vital you are passionate about the polar regions, expedition cruises and adventure travel. You will be required to continually learn about the latest products, news and information. You will need to demonstrate first class customer service, excellent sales skills, quick learning, passion and ambition.
- Creation and sale of expedition cruises, predominantly to the polar regions – Arctic and Antarctica,
- Creation and sale of high quality, tailormade arrangements to compliment the cruise including flights, accommodation and land packages.
- Make the most of every single genuine sales enquiry received
- Exceed sales targets and KPI’s set by the company,
- Ensure the products sold, and the supporting information, is of the highest standard.
- Achieve exceptional levels of service at all times.
- Interacting with our clients / agent partners, mostly over the telephone - with some face to face meetings, either in the office or at events.
- Continual training to ensure that you remain a true Travel Specialist with up to date commercial knowledge and understanding of cruises / operators / hotels / flights & infrastructure.
- A total commitment to customer service. It's your goal to ensure we exceed all client’s expectations.
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the developing business.
The number 1 thing we look for is energy and enthusiasm. We want someone who will embrace what we are trying to achieve as a company and work hard to help us get there. You will find an ideal candidate list below, but every point is not essential, as finding the right person is most important.
- At least 18 months experience in a target-based cruise sales role
- Experience of the expedition cruise market
- Experience of, or demonstratable interest in, expedition cruises and adventure travel
- A strong geographical awareness of the Polar Regions – Arctic and Antarctica
- Clear enthusiasm and passion for Travel
- A good standard of education, ideally to degree level,
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proactivity and a good level of problem-solving ability
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Pride in the company and confidence in themselves
The role will be based at our head office in Kingston Upon Thames, however you will also need to be flexible to work at any location across London (zones 1 - 6) on occasion. The hours are 42.5 per week, predominantly Monday-Saturday. Shifts will either be 9am – 5:30pm or 10:30am - 7pm on a roster pattern, with 45 minutes for lunch. There is a requirement to work additional ad-hoc Sundays, Evenings and public holidays, in order to respond to enquiries and close bookings, plus attendance at selected travel shows throughout the year. Significant overtime will be given back in lieu.
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary (depending on experience) and a generous commission on your sales. Realistic OTE for the first year would be in excess of £40k, however, all commissions are uncapped, offering an unlimited earning potential. Employees will also receive holiday, a generous company discount for personal trips, as well as the opportunity for company fam trips to our destinations.
There is a fun, vibrant and sociable atmosphere in our office and staff partake in a number of company schemes including incentives, team building exercises, charity fundraising and Beer/Cider Fridge Fridays. Our office is located within a 5-minute walk of the many shops, bars and restaurants of Kingston Town Centre.
Please send us a cover letter along with you CV. In your cover letter please introduce yourself, your skills and why you would like to apply for the role.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES